With the warm weather not letting up all over the country, weekends have become more about staying cool than being out and about. Lathering up with factor 50 sunblock and donning your most (un)attractive headgear just to go outside has become commonplace.
We all know that sunny summers go hand-in-hand with summery drinks and we have found the perfect, refreshing popsicle for you - The Gin & Tonic Lollie!
- 50g castor sugar
- 50ml water
- 100ml gin
- lime from 2 limes or lemons
- 600ml tonic water
- 10 lime or lemon slices (a variation with cucumber)
- Make a simple syrup by adding the castor sugar and the water to a pan and heating gently until the sugar has dissolved - set aside to cool
- In a jug or bowl mix the gin, lime or lemon juice, tonic water and the simple syrup
- Divide your mixture between lolly moulds and leave some space at the top to allow the mixture to expand
- Freeze the mixture for 1 - 2 hours or until semi-frozen, then push in the sticks and add your lime or lemon slices
- Freeze for a further 2 - 3 hours or overnight
We hope this simple, fun way to enjoy your standard G&T takes you back to your younger years! Who said being hot and bothered needs to be boring?
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN READING: